Wavelet Transforms and Time-Frequency Signal Analysis [electronic resource] / edited by Lokenath Debnath
- Boston, MA : Birkhäuser Boston : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 425 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Debnath, Lokenath and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis
- I Wavelets and Wavelet Transforms -- 1 Wavelet Frames: Multiresolution Analysis and Extension Principles -- 2 Convergence Rates of Multiscale and Wavelet Expansions -- 3 Denoising via Nonorthogonal Wavelet Transforms -- 4 Osiris Wavelets and the Dipole Gas -- 5 Wavelets in Closed Forms -- 6 Wavelet Galerkin Methods for Boundary Integral Equations and the Coupling with Finite Element Methods -- 7 Computing and Analyzing Turbulent Flows Using Wavelets -- 8 The Uncertainty Principle for the Short-Time Fourier Transform and Wavelet Transform -- II Time-Frequency Signal Analysis -- 9 Quadratic Time-Frequency Analysis of Linear Time-Varying Systems -- 10 Inequalities in Mellin—Fourier Signal Analysis -- 11 Introduction to Time-Frequency Signal Analysis -- 12 Reduced Interference Time-Frequency Distributions: Scaled Decompositions and Interpretations.
- This volume is designed as a new source for modern topics dealing with wavelets, wavelet transforms time-frequency signal analysis and other applications for future development of this new, important and useful subject for mathematics, science and engineering. Its main features include: A broad coverage of recent material on wavelet analysis, and time-frequency signal analysis and other applications that are not usually covered in other recent reference books. The material presented in this volume brings together a rich variety of ideas that blend most aspects of the subject mentioned above. This volume brings together a detailed account of major recent developments in wavelets, wavelet transforms and time-frequency signal analysis. This volume provides the reader with a thorough mathematical background and a wide variety of applications that are sufficient to do interdisciplinary collaborative research in applied mathematics. The book provides information that puts the reader at the forefront of the current resarch. An up-to-date bibliography is included at the end of each chapter to stimulate new interest in future study and research.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15201472