Global Bifurcation in Variational Inequalities [electronic resource] : Applications to Obstacle and Unilateral Problems / by Vy Khoi Le, Klaus Schmitt
- Applied Mathematical Sciences, 0066-5452 ; 123
- Contents: Introduction -- Some Auxiliary results -- Variational inequalities defined on convex sets in Hilbert spaces: Homogenization procedures -- Degree calculations - The Hilbert Space case -- Bifurcation from infinity in Hilbert spaces -- Bifurcation in Banach spaces -- Bifurcation from infinity in Banach spaces -- Bibliography -- Index.
- Bifurcation Problems for Variational Inequalities presents an up-to-date and unified treatment of bifurcation theory for variational inequalities in reflexive spaces and the use of the theory in a variety of applications, such as: obstacle problems from elasticity theory, unilateral problems; torsion problems; equations from fluid mechanics and quasilinear elliptic partial differential equations. The tools employed are the tools of modern nonlinear analysis. This book is accessible to graduate students and researchers who work in nonlinear analysis, nonlinear partial differential equations, and additional research disciplines that use nonlinear mathematics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15201942