Large-Scale Optimization with Applications [electronic resource] : Part II: Optimal Design and Control / edited by Lorenz T. Biegler, Thomas F. Coleman, Andrew R. Conn, Fadil N. Santosa
- The IMA volumes in mathematics and its applications, 0940-6573 ; 93
- Large-Scale Optimization with Applications, Part II: Optimal Design and Contro l -- The development of the SQP algorithm for nonlinear programming -- Some aspects of sequential quadratic programming methods -- Computing sparse Hessian and Jacobian approximations with optimal hereditary properties -- Experience with a sparse nonlinear programming algorithm -- Mixed-integer nonlinear programming: A survey of algorithms and applications -- A Multiplier-free, reduced Hessian method for process optimization -- Deterministic global optimization in design, control, and computational chemistry -- Optimization problems in model predictive control -- Some recent developments in computational optimal control -- Large-scale structural design optimization -- Large-scale SQP methods for optimization of Navier-Stokes flows -- Numerical optimal control of parabolic PDEs using DASOPT -- The promise (and reality) of multidisciplinary design optimization.
- This IMA Volume in Mathematics and its Applications LARGE-SCALE OPTIMIZATION WITH APPLICATIONS, PART II: OPTIMAL DESIGN AND CONTROL is one of the three volumes based on the proceedings of the 1995 IMA three week Summer Program on "Large-Scale Optimization with Applications to Inverse Problems, Optimal Control and Design, and Molecular and Struc tural Optimization." The other two related proceedings appeared as Vol ume 92: Large-Scale Optirpization with Applications, Part I: Optimization in Inverse Problems and Design and Volume 94: Large-Scale Optimization with Applications, Part III: Molecular Structure and Optimization. We would like to thank Lorenz T. Biegler, Thomas F. Coleman, An drew R. Conn, and Fadil N. Santosa for their excellent work as organizers of the meetings and for editing the proceedings. We also take this opportunity to thank the National Science Founda tion (NSF), the Department of Energy (DOE), and the Alfred P. Sloan support made the workshops possible.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15201964