The Maple Handbook [electronic resource] : Maple V Release 4 / by Darren Redfern
- Redfern, Darren
- New York, NY : Springer New York, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- V, 487 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Getting Started with Maple -- Calculus -- Linear Algebra -- Solving Equations -- Polynomials and Common Transforms -- Geometry -- Combinatorics and Graph Theory -- Number Theory -- Statistics -- Standard Functions and Constants -- Expression Manipulation -- Plotting -- Programming and System Commands -- Miscellaneous.
- How to Use This Handbook The Maple Handbook is a complete reference tool for the Maple lan guage, and is written for all Maple users, regardless of their discipline or field(s) of interest. All the built-in mathematical, graphic, and system based commands available in Maple V Release 4 are detailed herein. Please note that The Maple Handbook does not teach the mathematics behind Maple commands. If you do not know the meaning of such concepts as definite integral, identity matrix, or prime integer, do not expect to learn them here. As well, while the introductory sections to each chapter taken together provide a basic overview of the capabil ities of Maple, it is highly recommended that you also read a more thorough tutorial such as Introduction to Maple by Andre Heck, or one of standard manuals shipped with Maple V Release 4. Overall Organization One of the main premises of The Maple Handbook is that most Maple users approach the system to solve a particular problem (or set of prob lems) in a specific subject area. Therefore, all commands are organized in logical subsets that reflect these different categories, e.g., calculus, algebra, data manipulation, etc.; the commands within a subset are ex plained in a similar language, creating a tool that allows you quick and confident access to the information necessary to complete the problem you have brought to the system.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 15202037