Symbolic Rewriting Techniques [electronic resource] / edited by Manuel Bronstein, Volker Weispfenning, Johannes Grabmeier
- Progress in Computer Science and Applied Logic ; 15
- Parallel Completion Techniques -- The Computation of Gröbner Bases Using an Alternative Algorithm -- Symmetrization Based Completion -- On the Reduction of G-invariant Polynomials for an Arbitrary Permutation Groups G -- The Non-Commutaive Gröbner Freaks -- Alternatives in Implementing Noncommutative Gröbner Basis Systems -- String Rewriting and Gröbner Bases — A General Approach to Monoid and Group Rings -- Gröbner Fans and Projective Schemes -- Normalized Rewriting: A Unified View of Knuth-Bendix Completion and Gröbner Bases Computation -- New Directions for Syntactic Termination Orderings -- Two-sided Gröbner Bases in Iterated Ore Extensions -- Computing the Torsion Group of Elliptic Curves by the Method of Gröbner Bases -- Finding a Finite Group presentation Using Rewriting -- Deciding Degree-Four-Identities for Alternative Rings by Rewriting.
- Symbolic rewriting techniques are methods for deriving consequences from systems of equations, and are of great use when investigating the structure of the solutions. Such techniques appear in many important areas of research within computer algebra: • the Knuth-Bendix completion for groups, monoids and general term-rewriting systems, • the Buchberger algorithm for Gröbner bases, • the Ritt-Wu characteristic set method for ordinary differential equations, and • the Riquier-Janet method for partial differential equations. This volume contains invited and contributed papers to the Symbolic Rewriting Techniques workshop, which was held at the Centro Stefano Franscini in Ascona, Switzerland, from April 30 to May 4, 1995. That workshop brought together 40 researchers from various areas of rewriting techniques, the main goal being the investigation of common threads and methods. Following the workshops, each contribution was formally refereed and 14 papers were selected for publication.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15204255