Introduction to Calculus and Analysis I [electronic resource] / by Richard Courant, Fritz John
- Courant, Richard, 1888-1972
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- XXIII, 661 pages 184 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- John, Fritz and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction -- 2 The Fundamental Ideas of the Integral and Differential Calculus -- 3 The Techniques of Calculus -- 4 Applications in Physics and Geometry -- 5 Taylor’s Expansion -- 6 Numerical Methods -- 7 Infinite Sums and Products -- 8 Trigonometric Series -- 9 Differential Equations for the Simplest Types of Vibration -- List of Biographical Dates.
- From the reviews: "Volume 1 covers a basic course in real analysis of one variable and Fourier series. It is well-illustrated, well-motivated and very well-provided with a multitude of unusually useful and accessible exercises. (...) There are three aspects of Courant and John in which it outshines (some) contemporaries: (i) the extensive historical references, (ii) the chapter on numerical methods, and (iii) the two chapters on physics and geometry. The exercises in Courant and John are put together purposefully, and either look numerically interesting, or are intuitively significant, or lead to applications. It is the best text known to the reviewer for anyone trying to make an analysis course less abstract. (...)" The Mathematical Gazette (75.1991.471).
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 15204746