Mathematics Handbook for Science and Engineering [electronic resource] / by Lennart Råde, Bertil Westergren
- Råde, Lennart
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2004.
- Fifth Edition.
- Physical Description:
- II, 562 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Westergren, Bertil and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Fundamentals. Discrete Mathematics -- 2 Algebra -- 3 Geometry and Trigonometry -- 4 Linear Algebra -- 5 The Elementary Functions -- 6 Differential Calculus (one variable) -- 7 Integral Calculus -- 8 Sequences and Series -- 9 Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE) -- 10 Multidimensional Calculus -- 11 Vector Analysis -- 12 Orthogonal Series and Special Functions -- 13 Transforms -- 14 Complex Analysis -- 15 Optimization -- 16 Numerical Analysis -- 17 Probability Theory -- 18 Statistics -- 19 Miscellaneous -- Glossary of functions -- Glossary of symbols.
- Mathematics Handbook for Science and Engineering is a comprehensive handbook for scientists, engineers, teachers and students at universities. The book presents in a lucid and accessible form classical areas of mathematics like algebra, geometry and analysis and also areas of current interest like discrete mathematics, probability, statistics, optimization and numerical analysis. It concentrates on definitions, results, formulas, graphs and tables and emphasizes concepts and methods with applications in technology and science. For the fifth edition the chapter on Optimization has been enlarged and the chapters on Probability Theory and Statstics have been carefully revised.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15205429