Probability Theory and Applications [electronic resource] : Essays to the Memory of József Mogyoródi / edited by Janos Galambos, Imre Kátai
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 350 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Galambos, Janos, Kátai, I., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Random walk processes and their various applications -- Duality of the Burkholder-Davis-Gundy inequality and the generalized Fefferman-Garsia inequality II -- Martingale Hardy spaces with continuous time -- Construction of optimal Hankel approximations in the guise of stochastic processes -- Lévy’s random domains on the plain -- On the infinite divisibility of polynomials in infinitely divisible random variables -- Random sample sizes: limit theorems and characterizations -- Aging solutions of certain renewal type equations -- Extensions of some univariate Bonferroni-type inequalities to multivariate setting -- Univariate and multivariate Bonferroni-type inequalities: methods for proof and questions of optimality -- Sharp Bonferroni-type inequalities in explicit forms -- Analytical representation of limit distributions for a class of random symmetric polynomials -- Tail behavior in Wicksell’s corpuscle problem -- Universal contractive projections and a.e. convergence -- Pointwise Bahadur-Kiefer-type theorems (I) -- Laws of small numbers: some applications to conditional curve estimation -- Design of statistical lifetime models by functional equations -- Another approach to the ergodic distribution in the M/G/ 1 system -- A new method in probabilistic number theory -- Distribution of Q-additive functions -- Number systems and fractal geometry -- On sequences of solid type -- Author Index.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 15205910