Selected Works of A. N. Kolmogorov [electronic resource] : Volume III: Information Theory and the Theory of Algorithms / edited by A. N. Shiryayev
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- XXV, 275 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Shiri︠a︡ev, Alʹbert Nikolaevich and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Papers by A. V. Kolmogorov -- 1. On the notion of algorithm -- 2. On the general definition of the quantity of information -- 3. The theory of transmission of information -- 4. Amount of information and entropy for continuous distributions -- 5. New metric invariant of transitive dynamical systems and automorphisms of Lebesgue spaces -- 6. To the definition of algorithms -- 7. ?-entropy and ?-capacity of sets in functional spaces -- 8. Various approaches to estimating the complexity of approximate representation and calculation of functions -- 9. On tables of random numbers -- 10. Three approaches to the definition of the notion of amount of information -- 11. On the realization of networks in three — dimensional space -- 12. To the logical foundations of the theory of information and probability theory -- 13. The combinatorial foundations of information theory and the probability calculus -- Comments and addenda -- On works in information theory and some of its applications -- Information theory -- Algorithmic information theory -- ?-entropy and ?-capacity -- Tables of random numbers -- Realization of networks in 3-dimensional space -- Ergodic theory -- Kolmogorov’s algorithms or machines -- From A. N. Kolmogorov’s recollections -- Appendix 1. Report to the mathematical circle about square pavings -- Appendix 2. On operations on sets. II -- Afterword.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15206325