Ruling Communist parties and their status under law / edited by Dietrich André Loeber, editor in chief ; Donald D. Barry, Ferdinand J.M. Feldbrugge, George Ginsburgs, Peter B. Maggs
- Dordrecht ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1986.
Norwell, MA : Distributors for the U.S. and Canada, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 550 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Loeber, Dietrich André
Barry, Donald D.
Feldbrugge, F. J. M. (Ferdinand Joseph Maria), 1933-
Maggs, Peter B.
- Law in Eastern Europe, no. 31
HeinOnline law in Eastern Europe
- Foreword / Dietrich A. Loeber -- The status of law under Communist Party rule / Ferdinand J.M. Feldbrugge -- The power structure and the capacity for change in communist one-party states: theory of state and constitutional law / Boris Meissner -- The 'spravochnik partiinogo rabotnika' as a source of Party law / Donald D. Barry -- The dissemination of decisions within the party / Sergei Zamashchikov -- The development of legal relations between the Communist Party of Latvia and the Communist Party of the Soviet Union / Egil Levits -- Party members and the courts: exploitation of privilege / Louise Shelley -- The use of criminal law by the CPSU in the struggle for the reinforcement of its power and in the inner-Party struggle / Yuri I. Luryi -- The Communist Party of the Soviet Union and the Procuracy on the eve of the revolution from above / Hiroshi Oda -- The CPSU and the juridical person / Olimpiad S. Ioffe -- The status of the CPSU under Soviet civil law and of its members under Soviet criminal law and procedure / Christopher Osakwe -- Party membership and labor law and the legal position of workers in Party organizations / Ger P. van den Berg -- Guidance by the Communist Party of state administrative agencies in the USSR / Gordon B. Smith -- The beginning of Communist Party financial exactions from the Soviet state / Robert H. McNeal -- The Bulgarian Communist Party under the law / Ivan Sipkov -- The Party of Labor of Albania and the law: historical and political background / Robert Schwanke -- The Party of Labor of Albania and the law: statutory and legislative provisions / Peter B. Maggs -- The Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED): center of the GDR's ruling order / Wolfgang Seiffert -- The Rumanian Communist Party in the Rumanian legal system / Günther H. Tontsch -- The status of the Communist Party in the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic / Lothar Schultz -- The legal status of the Hungarian Socialist Workers' Party / Georg Brunner -- The position of the Polish United Workers' Party in the legal system of the People's Republic of Poland / Teresa Pusylewitsch -- Controversies over the "leading role" of the Polish United Workers' Party: the 1976 constitutional amendment / Stanislaw Pomorski -- The League of Communists of Yugoslavia and the law / Peter B. Maggs -- The League of Communists of Yugoslavia in the law / Christine Höcker-Weyand -- The Cuban Communist Party / Igor I. Kavass -- Membership in the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Party: the statutory setting / George Ginsburgs -- The Korean Workers' Party and the state / Chong-Sik Lee -- The Vietnamese Communist Party and its status under law / Oskar Weggel -- The legal status of the Chinese Communist Party / Robert Heuser -- The communist party in state constitutions / William B. Simons -- The statutes of the Soviet and Chinese communist parties: a comparison / Robert H. McNeal -- The communist parties under international law / Henn-Jüri Uibopuu -- The status of communist parties under law: uniformity and diversity / John N. Hazard -- Abolition of political sections in the armed forces: demand of the Kronshtadt Garrison during the Kronshtadt Uprising in 1921 -- Bringing party members to criminal responsibility before state courts: secret decree of the Russian Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of 1925 -- Nomenklatura lists of a provincial party committee in the Soviet Union, in effect in 1929 -- Financial audit of party organizations: instruction of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of 1934 -- Transfer of real property to the Communist Party of Latvia: edict of the Supreme Soviet of the Latvian SSR of 1940 -- On the political organs of the USSR Ministry of Sea Transport: decree of the CPSU of 1957 -- Granting new rights to party organs at the republic level: decree of the CPSU of 1957 -- Marshal Zhukov accused of policy to abolish party guidance of Soviet armed forces: resolution of the CPSU of 1957 -- Establishing political organs within the USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs: decision of the CPSU Politburo of 1983 -- Agreement on cooperation between the new Jewel Movement of Grenada and the CPSU of 1982 -- Agreement between a commission of the Polish government and the Interfactory Strike Committee in Gdansk of 1980 -- Basic laws applicable to all countries embarking on a socialist course: declaration of 12 ruling communist parties, adopted in Moscow in 1957.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15207461