End-to-end adaptive congestion control in TCP/IP networks [electronic resource] / Christos N. Houmkozlis, George A. Rovithakis
- Automation and control engineering
- 1. Background on computer networks and congestion control -- 2. Adaptive congestion control framework -- 3. Appendices.
- "This book provides an adaptive control theory perspective on designing congestion controls for packet-switching networks. Relevant to a wide range of disciplines and industries, including the music industry, computers, image trading, and virtual groups, the text extensively discusses source oriented, or end to end, congestion control algorithms. The book empowers readers with clear understanding of the characteristics of packet-switching networks and their effects on system stability and performance. It provides schemes capable of controlling congestion and fairness and presents real-world applications to demonstrate the modeling and control techniques"--
- 9781439840580 (ebook : PDF)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 273-300) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print edition.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 15208446