Lean culture for the construction industry [electronic resource] : building responsible and committed project teams / Gary Santorella
- Santorella, Gary
- New York : Productivity Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 237 pages : illustrations
- ch. 1. Lean cuisine and construction : the benefits of a food industry perspective -- ch. 2. The lean team challenge -- ch. 3. Trust : laying the foundation -- ch. 4. Is your attitude an advantage? -- ch. 5. Lean ethics -- ch. 6. Construction 101 : the basics from a lean perspective -- ch. 7. Execution and overarching philosophies -- ch. 8. Lean purpose -- ch. 9. The conflict paradox : encouraging debate without letting it become destructive -- ch. 10. Establishing and maintaining high standards -- ch. 11. Influencing versus motivating -- ch. 12. Constructive discipline (knowing where to draw the line) -- ch. 13. Commitment and accountability -- ch. 14. Lean and safe -- ch. 15. Fine-tuning the line : keeping your fingers on the pulse via continuous assessment -- ch. 16. Stress and anger management (an external perspective) -- ch. 17. Generational issues -- ch. 18. Personality testing : don't do it! (better ways to know and understand your staff).
- 9781439835104 (ebook : PDF)
- "A Productivity Press book." and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 225-226) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print edition.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 15208455