Health and development [electronic resource] : a compilation of articles from Finance & development
- Additional Titles:
- Subtitle on cover: Why investing in health is critical for achieving economic development goals and Health & development
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 56 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Clift, Jeremy and International Monetary Fund
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Getting there: how to accelerate progress toward the Millennium development goals / Mark Baird and Sudhir Shetty -- Checking up on health -- Health, wealth, and welfare: new evidence coupled with a wider perspective suggest sizable economic returns to better health / David E. Bloom, David Canning, and Dean T. Jamison -- Making health care accountable: why performance-based funding of health services in developing countries is getting more attention / Robert Hecht, Amie Batson, and Logan Brenzel -- New antimalarial drugs: biology and economics meet: a global public goods commission looks at ways to stop or slow the spread of drug-resistant strains of malaria / Kenneth J. Arrow -- Medicines, patents, and TRIPS: has the intellectual property pact opened a Pandora's box for the pharmaceuticals industry / Arvind Subramanian -- Debt relief and public health spending in heavily indebted poor countries / Sanjeev Gupta ... [et al.] -- Making services work for poor people: the poor need more control over essential services / Shantayanan Devarajan and Ritva Reinikka -- Confronting AIDS / Lyn Squire -- Coping with the impact of AIDS / Mead Over -- Setting government priorities in preventing HIV/AIDS / Martha Ainsworth -- Making AIDS part of the global development agenda / Robert Hecht, Olusoji Adeyi, and Iris Semini -- Death and taxes: the economics of tobacco control / Prabhat Jha, Joy de Beyer, and Peter S. Heller.
- Related Titles:
- Finance & development
- Articles originally published between March 1998 and March 2004.
"Editor, Jeremy Clift"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 15216393