Mirror for the heart [videorecording] : facing eating disorders / a co-production between Heartland Motion Pictures Inc. and U.TV/CKVU, CKND Winnipeg, STV Regina and STV-Saskatoon
- Additional Titles:
- Self-image and eating disorders
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities and Sciences, [date of publication not identified]
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (24 minutes) : sound,color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Davis, Daryl K
Johnson, Cynthia S.
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
Heartland Motion Pictures Inc
Eating Disorder Resource Centre of British Columbia
- Examines the hidden obsessions, stress, denial, and cycle of guilt and shame that underlie anorexia nervosa and/or bulimia. Posits that eating disorders are not about food, but about inner turmoil that is fueled by society's focus on appearance adn the fashion of thinness. Shows how depression, low energy, serious medical complications, and even death can result from these disorders, explores the effect of women's eating disorders on their families and friends, and discusses the importance of admitting the problem and seeking help.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Cythia Johnson.
View MARC record | catkey: 1528474