Status of 3D Ice Shape Measurement Effort
- Lee, Sam
- May 10, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- (1) Main goal of the Airframe Icing Technical Challenge is to achieve acceptance of experimental and computational icing simulation tools -SupercooledLarge Droplet Icing (SLD) conditions -3D airframe components including swept wings; (2) It is necessary to develop suitable means of recording and archiving fully 3D descriptions of experimental ice accretion geometry; (3) Past research has shown that commercial laser scanners have the potential to be adapted to this task; and (4) A research plan has been developed to implement and validate the use of this technology for experimental ice accretions.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20150010000., E-667804., and 2011 Annual Technical Meeting; 10-12 May 2011; Saint Louis, MO; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15413533