Expected Constraints on Rhea's Interior from Cassini
- Castillo, J. C.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- We model the interior of Rhea based on observational constraints and the results from geodynamical models available in the literature. Ten main types of models are defined, depending on the presence or absence of a high-pressure ice layer (ice II), and the extent of separation of the rock component from the volatiles. We present degree-two gravity components computed for each of these models in order to assess which properties of the interior are likely to be inferred from Cassini radio science measurements scheduled on November 26, 2005.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20050167155.
Lunar and Planetary Science XXXVI, Part 3; LPI-Contrib-1234-Pt-3.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15414533