Messiah / Handel
- Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759
- Uniform Title:
- [London] : CORO, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Jennens, Charles, 1700-1773, Keith, Gillian, Taylor, Daniel, 1969-, Randle, Thomas, Thompson, Sumner, Christophers, Harry, and Handel and Haydn Society (Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- Sung in English.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Medium of Performance:
- soprano voice 1 countertenor voice 1 tenor voice 1 baritone voice 1 mixed chorus orchestra
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Form of work:
Libretto by Charles Jennens, taken from the Bible and Prayer Book Psalter.
Recorded to mark the 200th anniversary of the Handel and Haydn Society, America's longest-standing peforming arts organization.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gillian Keith, soprano ; Daniel Taylor, countertenor ; Tom Randle, tenor ; Sumner Thompson, baritone ; Handel and Haydn Society ; Harry Christophers, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live November 29-December 1, 2013 Symphony Hall, Boston.
View MARC record | catkey: 15418227