Assessing and evaluating Department of Defense efforts to inform, influence, and persuade : an annotated reading list / Christopher Paul, Jessica Yeats, Colin P. Clarke, Miriam Matthews
- Paul, Christopher, 1971-
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- v, 23 pages ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Yeats, Jessica M.
Clarke, Colin P.
International Security and Defense Policy Center
National Defense Research Institute (U.S.)
United States. Department of Defense. Office of the Secretary of Defense
- The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has struggled to assess the progress and effectiveness of its efforts to inform, influence, and persuade audiences in support of key national security objectives. One reason is that it lacks personnel with sufficient expertise in assessment and evaluation. Although the department is making an effort to infuse sound assessment principles in doctrine and to expand assessment-related course offerings in the military-academic sector, these efforts will take time to bear fruit. These temporary shortfalls extend to the evaluation and assessment of DoD efforts to inform, influence, and persuade. To help fill the gap, RAND produced a reading list for self-study in best assessment practices across a range of sectors. The reading list has two purposes: to provide resources for new assessment personnel to cement and broaden their assessment and evaluation expertise and to serve as a general list of assessment resources that can be made available to assessment stakeholders to improve their assessment expertise. It supplements two companion volumes, Assessing and Evaluating Department of Defense Efforts to Inform, Influence, and Persuade: Desk Reference and Assessing and Evaluating Department of Defense Efforts to Inform, Influence, and Persuade: Handbook for Practitioners.
- 9780833088895 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0833088890 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "RAND National Defense Research Institute."
"Prepared for the Office of the Secretary of Defense."
"The research was conducted within the International Security and Defense Policy Center of the RAND National Defense Research Institute"--Preface.
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the internet via WWW in PDF format.
View MARC record | catkey: 15418457