Schema therapy with couples : a practitioner's guide to healing relationships / Chiara Simeone-DiFrancesco, PhD, counseling psychologist, Eckhard Roediger, MD, psychiatrist and psychotherapist, Bruce A. Stevens, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Simeone-DiFrancesco, Chiara
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Roediger, Eckhard and Stevens, Bruce, 1950-
- "Schema Therapy for Couples represents the first practitioner guide to detail effective Schema Therapy techniques in couple and relationship therapy. Shows how the distinctive features of ST make it ideal for addressing the cognitive and emotion-focused problems typical in couple relationships Presents and integrates a series of innovative tools and interventions such as Schema Therapy with Needs versus Wants, Mode Cycle Clash Cards, limited re-parenting visualization, and chair work Authored by an international team of experts in couples therapy and Schema Therapy "--
"Represents the first practitioner guide to detail effective Schema Therapy techniques in couple and relationship therapy"--
- 9781118972953 electronic bk.
1118972953 electronic bk.
9781118972717 electronic bk.
1118972716 electronic bk.
9781118972700 electronic bk.
1118972708 electronic bk.
- Machine generated contents note: About the Authors 3 Preface 4 Acknowledgments 6 Introduction 7 Chapter 1 What Schema Therapy Offers 9 Chapter 2 The Initial Contract and First Interview 19 Chapter 3 Relationship Assessments 32 Chapter 4 Understanding the Origins of Relational Styles 45 Chapter 5 Foundations for Evidence-Based Practice in Couple Therapy 55 Chapter 6 Schemas and Modes 64 Chapter 7 Approaching Schema Therapy for Couples 85 Chapter 8 Mode Mapping and Mode Cycle Clash-cards 95 Chapter 9 Interventions in Couple Treatment 117 Chapter 10 Common Problems in Couple Therapy, including Affairs, Forgiveness, and Violence 145 Chapter 11 Differentiating Needs from Wants, and the Challenge of Integration 181 Chapter 12 Building Friendship, Building the Healthy Adult 198 Appendix: Self-care for the Couple Therapist 210 References 216 Abbreviations 225 Index of Therapy Tools and Interventions 226 Index 228 .
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15418604