Game User Experience Evaluation [electronic resource] / edited by Regina Bernhaupt
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 285 pages 42 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bernhaupt, Regina and SpringerLink (Online service)
- User Experience Evaluation Methods in the Games Development Life Cycle -- Video Game Development and User Experience -- Assessing the Core Elements of the Gaming Experience -- Game User Research and Physiological Game Evaluation.- Presence, Involvement and Flow in Digital Games -- Evaluating User Experience Factors using Experiments: Expressive Artificial Faces Embedded in Contexts -- Telemetry-Based Game Evaluation -- User Experience Design for Inexperienced Gamers: GAP – Game Approachability Principles -- A Heuristic Framework for Evaluating User Experience in Games -- Enabling Co-Located Physical Social Play: A Framework for Design and Evaluation -- Evaluating Exertion Games -- Beyond the Gamepad: HCI and Game Controller Design and Evaluation.
- Evaluating interactive systems for their user experience (UX) is a standard approach in industry and research today. This book explores the areas of game design and development and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) as ways to understand the various contributing aspects of the overall gaming experience. Fully updated, extended and revised this book is based upon the original publication Evaluating User Experience in Games, and provides updated methods and approaches ranging from user- orientated methods to game specific approaches. New and emerging methods and areas explored include physiologically- orientated UX evaluation, user behaviour, telemetry based methods and social play as effective evaluation techniques for gaming design and evolving user-experience. Game User Experience Evaluation allows researchers, PhD students as well as game designers and developers to get an overview on available methods for all stages of the development life cycle.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15419326