Stability of Functional Equations in Banach Algebras [electronic resource] / by Yeol Je Cho, Choonkil Park, Themistocles M. Rassias, Reza Saadati
- Cho, Yeol Je.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 343 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Park, Choonkil, Rassias, Themistocles M., 1951-, Saadati, Reza, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction. - 2. Stability of Functional Equations in Banach Algebras -- 3. Stability of Functional Equations in C*-Algebras. - 4. Stability of Functional Inequalities in Banach Algebras. - 5. Stability of Functional Equations in C*-Ternary Algebras. - 6. Stability of Functional Equations in Multi-Banach Algebras. - 7. Stability of Functional Equations in Non-Archimedean Banach Algebras -- References -- Index.
- Some of the most recent and significant results on homomorphisms and derivations in Banach algebras, quasi-Banach algebras, C*-algebras, C*-ternary algebras, non-Archimedean Banach algebras and multi-normed algebras are presented in this book. A brief introduction for functional equations and their stability is provided with historical remarks. Since the homomorphisms and derivations in Banach algebras are additive and R-linear or C-linear, the stability problems for additive functional equations and additive mappings are studied in detail. The latest results are discussed and examined in stability theory for new functional equations and functional inequalities in Banach algebras and C*-algebras, non-Archimedean Banach algebras, non-Archimedean C*-algebras, multi-Banach algebras and multi-C*-algebras. Graduate students with an understanding of operator theory, functional analysis, functional equations and analytic inequalities will find this book useful for furthering their understanding and discovering the latest results in mathematical analysis. Moreover, research mathematicians, physicists and engineers will benefit from the variety of old and new results, as well as theories and methods presented in this book.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15419462