Cognitive Interference Management in Heterogeneous Networks [electronic resource] / by Dania Marabissi, Romano Fantacci
- SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2191-8112
- Heterogeneous Networks -- Interference Management in HetNets -- Cognitive HetNets -- Cognitive Resource Allocation with Beamforming -- Conclusions.
- This brief investigates the role of interference management in Heterogeneous Networks (Het Nets), focusing on cognitive approaches and the use of beamforming. Key concepts of Het Nets are introduced and different deployment strategies are examined, such as sharing the same frequency band of the macro cells or using new high frequency bands. Particular attention is devoted to co-channel deployment and to the problem of interference management, addressing various strategies that can be adopted to handle the interference between the cells. In addition, the brief explores cognitive small cells which are able to avoid or limit interference by using suitable beamforming and resource allocation schemes. The suggested solutions are supported by numerical results in terms of performance evaluations and comparisons.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15419574