Abbey in America : a philosopher's legacy in a new century / edited by John A. Murray
- Additional Titles:
- Philosopher's legacy in a new century
- Albuquerque : University of New Mexico Press, 2015.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 218 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Murray, John A., 1954-
- Introduction : Edward Abbey, yesterday, and today -- Part 1. Scholarly perspectives: Equal parts anger and love : a posthumous interview with Edward Abbey ; One man's terrorist : reclaiming Edward Abbey for the post-9/11 era ; Edward Abbey on immigration ; Abbey in the anthropocene ; Abbey's secret -- Part 2. Independent authors: The view from Alaska ; A meditation on two work by Ed Abbey -- Part 3. Friends, acquaintances, and colleagues: Abbey's road ; Desert Solitaire revisited ; Abbey following his own truth ; On the edge with Edward Abbey, Charles Ives, and the Outlaws ; The age of Abbey -- Part 4. A new generation: Faraway ; Valle de la luna -- Afterword -- Appendix: The Fool's Progress: an honest novel ; A review by John A. Murray.
- 9780826355171 (cloth : alk. paper)
082635517X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15420202