- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- This paper presents a computational framework for uncertainty quantification in prognostics in the context of condition-based monitoring of aerospace systems. The different sources of uncertainty and the various uncertainty quantification activities in condition-based prognostics are outlined in detail, and it is demonstrated that the Bayesian subjective approach is suitable for interpreting uncertainty in online monitoring. A state-space model-based framework for prognostics, that can rigorously account for the various sources of uncertainty, is presented. Prognostics consists of two important steps. First, the state of the system is estimated using Bayesian tracking, and then, the future states of the system are predicted until failure, thereby computing the remaining useful life of the system. The proposed framework is illustrated using the power system of a planetary rover test-bed, which is being developed and studied at NASA Ames Research Center.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140012546.
Non-Deterministic Approaches Conference; 13-17 Jan. 2014; National Harbor, MD; United States.
Scitech 2014; 13-17 Jan. 2014; National Harbor, MD; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15422118