Synthesis and Structural Characterization of a Novel Indium Mercapto Derivative [clln(sch2(co)o)2]2-[(4-mepyh)2]2+.
- Duraj, Stan A.
- July 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Fanwick, Philip E., Hepp, Aloysius F., Banger, Kulbinder K., and Martock, Robert A.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The synthesis and structural characterization of a novel In(III) complex is described. The reaction between InCl3 with sodium mercapto-acetic acid, (NaSCH2(CO)OH) in 4-methylpyridine, (CH3(C5H5N), (4-Mepy)) at 25 C affords [ClIn(SCH2(CO)O)2]2- [(4-MepyH)2]2+. X-ray diffraction studies show it to have a distorted square pyramidal geometry, with the [(-SCH2(CO)CO-)] ligands in a trans conformation. The compound crystallizes in the P(raised dash) 1 (No. 2) space group with a = 7.8624 Angstrom, b = 9.950 Angstrom, c = 13.793 Angstrom, alpha = 107.60 degrees, beta= 90.336 degrees, gamma = 98.983 degrees, V = 1014.3 Angstroms (sup 3), R(F(raised circle)) = 0.037, and R(sub w) = 0.048.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20040087132., E-13851., and NASA/TM-2004-212289.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15423160