Estimator Based Controller for High Speed Flywheel Magnetic Bearing System
- Dever, Timothy P.
- August 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Brown, Gerald V. and Jansen, Ralph H.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A flywheel system and its operator interface are described. Measurements of magnetic bearing negative stiffness are performed. Two digital magnetic bearing control algorithms (PD and estimator based) are defined and their implementations are described. Tuning of each controller is discussed. Comparison of the two controllers' stability, damping noise, and operating current are described. Results describing the superiority of the estimator-based controller are presented and discussed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20020081279.
37th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference; 28 Jul. - 2 Aug. 2002; Washington, DC; United States.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15423683