Wind Tunnel Investigation of the Effects of Slot Shape and Flap Location on the Characteristics of a Low-Drag Airfoil Equipped with a 0.25-Chord Slotted Flap
- Weisman, Yale
- December 28, 1944.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Holtzclaw, Ralph W.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Tests were conducted at dynamic pressure of 50 lb per square foot with lift drag and pitch moment measurements throughout useful angle of attack range for constant flap deflection and position of a low-drag airfoil. Two slots were investigated and practical flap paths were selected for each Slot shape had a negligible effect on the maximum lift coefficient flap deflected, the rounded-entry slot had lower profile drag.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930092810.
Accession ID: 93R22100.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15425706