Aerodynamic Design of Axial-flow Compressors. Volume III
- Dugan, Ames F , Jr
- August 1956.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Hansen, Arthur G, Yohner, Peggy L, Herzig, Howard Z, Benser, William A, Bullock, Robert O, Jackson, Robert J, Graham, Robert W, Johnson, Irving A, Costilow, Eleanor L, and Huppert, Merle C
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Chapters XI to XIII concern the unsteady compressor operation arising when compressor blade elements stall. The fields of compressor stall and surge are reviewed in Chapters XI and XII, respectively. The part-speed operating problem in high-pressure-ratio multistage axial-flow compressors is analyzed in Chapter XIII. Chapter XIV summarizes design methods and theories that extend beyond the simplified two-dimensional approach used previously in the report. Chapter XV extends this three-dimensional treatment by summarizing the literature on secondary flows and boundary layer effects. Charts for determining the effects of errors in design parameters and experimental measurements on compressor performance are given in Chapters XVI. Chapter XVII reviews existing literature on compressor and turbine matching techniques.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19930093763., Accession ID: 93R23073., and NACA-RM-E56B03b.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15426670