Performance of the Landsat-Data Collection System in a Total System Context
- Merk, C. F.
- Nov 1, 1975.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Paulson, R. W.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The author has identified the following significant results. This experiment was, and continues to be, an integration of the LANDSAT-DCS with the data collection and processing system of the Geological Survey. Although an experimental demonstration, it was a successful integration of a satellite relay system that is capable of continental data collection, and an existing governmental nationwide operational data processing and distributing networks. The Survey's data processing system uses a large general purpose computer with insufficient redundancy for 24-hour a day, 7 day a week operation. This is significant, but soluble obstacle to converting the experimental integration of the system to an operational integration.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19760009433.
Accession ID: 76N16521.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15428215