Fabrication of Silicon Backshort Assembly for Waveguide-Coupled Superconducting Detectors
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The Cosmology Large Angular Scale Surveyor (CLASS) is a ground-based instrument that will measure the polarization of the cosmic microwave background to search for gravitational waves from a posited epoch of inflation early in the universe s history. We are currently developing detectors that address the challenges of this measurement by combining the excellent beam-forming attributes of feedhorns with the low-noise performance of Transition-Edge sensors. These detectors utilize a planar orthomode transducer that maps the horizontal and vertical linear polarized components in a dual-mode waveguide to separate microstrip lines. On-chip filters define the bandpass in each channel, and the signals are terminated in resistors that are thermally coupled to the transition-edge sensors operating at 150 mK.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20130011070., GSFC.OVPR.7535.2013., and Applied Superconductivity Conference; 7-12 Oct. 2012; Portland, OR; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15436141