A Potential NASA Research Reactor to Support NTR Development
- Hardin, Leroy
- November 10, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Eades, Michael and Gerrish, Harold
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In support of efforts for research into the design and development of a man rated Nuclear Thermal Rocket (NTR) engine, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), is evaluating the potential for building a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) licensed research reactor. The proposed reactor would be licensed by NASA and operated jointly by NASA and university partners. The purpose of this reactor would be to perform further research into the technologies and systems needed for a successful NTR project and promote nuclear training and education.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140003982.
2013 ANS Winter Meeting and Nuclear Technology Expo; 10-14 Nov. 2013; Washington, DC; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15438145