- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The costs to implement Autonomous Flight Rules (AFR) were examined for estimates in acquisition, installation, training and operations. The user categories were airlines, fractional operators, general aviation and unmanned aircraft systems. Transition strategies to minimize costs while maximizing operational benefits were also analyzed. The primary cost category was found to be the avionics acquisition. Cost ranges for AFR equipment were given to reflect the uncertainty of the certification level for the equipment and the extent of existing compatible avionics in the aircraft to be modified.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140004576.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15438488