Vandenberg Air Force Base Pressure Gradient Wind Study
- Shafer, Jaclyn A.
- September 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Warning category winds can adversely impact day-to-day space lift operations at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB) in California. NASA's Launch Services Program and other programs at VAFB use wind forecasts issued by the 30 Operational Support Squadron Weather Flight (30 OSSWF) to determine if they need to limit activities or protect property such as a launch vehicle. The 30 OSSWF tasked the AMU to develop an automated Excel graphical user interface that includes pressure gradient thresholds between specific observing stations under different synoptic regimes to aid forecasters when issuing wind warnings. This required the AMU to determine if relationships between the variables existed.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140002798. and NASA/CR-2013-217922.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15439132