Advanced Neutron Spectrometer
- Sabra, Mohammed
- July 2, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Gibson, Brian, Christl, Mark, Kayatin, Matthew, Benson, Carl, Dobson, Chris, Rodriquez, Miguel, Watts, John, Dietz, Kurt, Howard, David, Kuznetsov, Evgeny, Norwood, Joseph, Smith, Dennis, and Apple, Jeff
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Energetic neutron measurements remain a challenge for space science investigations and radiation monitoring for human exploration beyond LEO. We are investigating a new composite scintillator design that uses Li6 glass scintillator embedded in a PVT block. A comparison between Li6 and Boron 10 loaded scintillators are being studied to assess the advantages and shortcomings of these two techniques. We present the details of the new Li6 design and results from the comparison of the B10 and Li6 techniques during exposures in a mixed radiation field produced by high energy protons interacting in a target material.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140002603., M13-2472., and International Cosmic Ray Conference ((ICRC); 2-9 Jul. 2013; Rio de Janeiro; Brazil.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15439276