The Palgrave handbook of the psychology of sexuality and gender / edited by Christina Richards, Senior Specialist Psychology Associate and Clinical Research Fellow, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Meg John Barker, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, The Open University
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Richards, Christina, Barker, Meg John, 1974-, and Palgrave Connect (Online service)
- Introduction; Christina Richards & Dr Meg John Barker -- PART I: SEXUALITY -- 1. Asexuality; Dr Mark Carrigan -- 2. BDSM - bondage and discipline; dominance and submission; sadism and masochism; Dr Emma Turley & Dr Trevor Butt -- 3. Bisexuality; Helen Bowes-Catton & Dr Nikki Hayfield -- 4. Further sexualities; Christina Richards -- 5. Gay men; Dr Damien Riggs -- 6. Heterosexuality; Dr Pantè Farvid -- 7.Lesbian psychology; Dr Sonja Ellis -- 8. Trans sexualities; Dr Penny Lenihan, Dr Tony Kainth & Robin Dundas -- PART II: GENDER -- 9. Cisgender - Living in the gender assigned at birth; Dr Laura Harvey & Ester McGeeney -- 10. Further genders; Dr Meg John Barker & Christina Richards -- 11. Intersex/DSD ; Prof Katrina R̜n -- 12. Trans Gender - Living in a gender different from that assigned at birth; Dr Sarah Murjan & Dr Walter Pierre Bouman -- PART III: RELATIONSHIPS -- 13. Monogamy; Ali Ziegler; Prof Terri D. Conley; Amy C. Moors; Jes L. Matsick & Jennifer D. Rubin -- 14. Open non-monogamies; Dr Nathan Rambukkana -- PART IV: PSYCHOLOGICAL AREAS -- 15. Clinical psychology; Prof Jan Burns & Dr Claudia Zitz -- 16. Counselling psychology; Dawn Clark and Prof Del Loewenthal -- 17. Health psychology; Dr Joanna Semlyen -- 18. Qualitative methods; Dr Sarah Seymour- Smith -- 19. Quantitative methods; Dr Gareth Hagger-Johnson -- 20. Sex therapy; Michael Berry & Dr Meg John Barker -- PART V: INTERSECTIONS -- 21. Ageing; Dr Paul Simpson -- 22. Class; Dr Brigette Rickett & Dr Maxine Woolhouse -- 23. Disability; Dr Alex Iantaffi & Dr Sara Mize -- 24. Ethnicity; Dr Roshan das Nair -- 25. Religion; Dr Rob Clucas.
- "The Palgrave Handbook of the Psychology of Sexuality and Gender gives a thorough overview of all of the normative - and many of the less common - sexualities, genders and relationship forms including: Asexuality; Bisexuality; BDSM; Gay; Heterosexuality; Kink; Lesbian; Further sexualities; Trans sexualities; Cisgender; Intersex; Further genders; Non-binary gender; Monogamies; and Open Non-Monogamies. The Handbook also considers psychological areas such as Clinical psychology; Counselling psychology; Qualitative research; Quantitative research; and Sex therapy as they relate to sexuality and gender as well as intersectional areas such as: Ageing; Ethnicity; Class; Disability; Health Psychology; and Religion. Contributions from leading scholars and practitioners in this area combine cutting edge research with considerations on both clinical practice and academic study of sexuality and gender for psychologists from student to professor; and from any discipline interested in these ubiquitous aspects of humanity. "--
- 9781137345899 electronic bk.
1137345896 electronic bk.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 15440282