- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of State. Office of International Information Programs
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Introduction : the root principles of democracy / by Melvin I. Urosky -- Constitutionalism : America and beyond / by Greg Russell -- The principles of democratic elections / by D. Grier Stephenson, Jr. -- Federalism and democracy / by David J. Bodenhamer -- The creation of a law in a democratic society / by Gordon Morris Bakken -- The role of an independent judiciary / by Philippa Strum -- The powers of the presidency / by Richard M. Pious -- The role of a free media / by John W. Johnson -- The role of interest groups / by R. Allen Hays -- The people's right to know : transparency to government institutions / by Rodney A. Smolia -- Protecting minority rights / by Tinsley Yarbrough -- Civilian control of the military / by Michael F. Cairo.
- Title from title screen (viewed on June 24, 2002). and "Posted November 2001."
View MARC record | catkey: 15440838