Woman in gold / The Weinstein Company and BBC Films present an Origin Pictures production ; produced by David M. Thompson, Kris Thykier ; written by Alexi Kaye Campbell ; directed by Simon Curtis
- Beverly Hills, CA : Anchor Bay Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (109 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Curtis, Simon, 1960-
Campbell, Alexi Kaye
Thompson, David, 1950 July 18-
Thykier, Kris, 1972-
Brühl, Daniel, 1978-
Holmes, Katie, 1978-
Irons, Max, 1985-
McGovern, Elizabeth, 1961-
Clay, Jim, 1948-
Anchor Bay Entertainment, Inc
- Language Note:
- In English or dubbed Spanish; Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- Sixty years after she fled Vienna during World War II, an elderly Jewish woman, Maria Altmann, starts her journey to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, among them Klimt's famous painting Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I. Together with her inexperienced but plucky young lawyer Randy Schoenberg, she embarks upon a major battle which takes them all the way to the heart of the Austrian establishment and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video Region 1
- Form of work:
- Motion picture
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some thematic elements and brief strong language.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2015.
Based on the life stories of E. Randol Schoenberg and Maria Altmann.
Bonus features: The making of Woman in Gold; feature commentary with director Simon Curtis and producer David M. Thompson; Stealing Klimt documentary trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music by Martin Phipps and Hans Zimmer ; director of photography, Ross Emery ; editor, Peter Lambert ; production designer, Jim Clay.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ryan Reynolds, Helen Mirren, Daniel Brühl, Katie Holmes, Tatiana Maslany, Max Irons, Charles Dance, Elizabeth McGovern, Jonathan Pryce.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (2.39:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 15441305