Secrets and lies : digital security in a networked world / Bruce Schneier
- Schneier, Bruce, 1963-
- Additional Titles:
- Digital security in a networked world and Secrets & lies
- Indianapolis, IN : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- 15th Anniversary edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 414 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Digital threats -- Attacks -- Adversaries -- Security needs -- Cryptography -- Cryptography in context -- Computer security -- Identification and authentication -- Networked-computer security -- Network security -- Network defenses -- Software reliability -- Secure hardware -- Certificates and credentials -- Security tricks -- The human factor -- Vulnerabilities and the vulnerability landscape -- Threat modeling and risk assessment -- Security policies and countermeasures -- Attack trees -- Product testing and verification -- The future of products -- Security processes.
- "A primer in practical computer security aimed at those shopping, communication, or doing business online -- almost everyone, in other words."--Jacket.
- 1119092434 (cloth)
- Originally published: 2000.
With a new introduction by the author.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 15441923