Reading the Renaissance : culture, poetics, and drama / edited by Jonathan Hart
- New York : Garland Pub., 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 290 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hart, Jonathan Locke, 1956-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Garland reference library of the humanities ; v. 1986. Garland studies in the Renaissance ; v. 4
- Reading the Renaissance : an introduction / Jonathan Hart -- Ritual and text in the Renaissance / Thomas M. Greene -- Reading in the French Renaissance / Steven Rendall -- Reading Ultima verba : Montaigne and commemoration / Lisa Neal -- Gender ideologies, women writers, and the problem of patronage in early modern Italy and France / Carla Freccero -- Female transvestism and male self-fashioning in As you like it and La vida es sueño / Katy Emck -- The ends of Renaissance comedy / Jonathan Hart -- Troilus and Cressida / Robert Rawdon Wilson and Edward Milowicki -- Two tents on Bosworth Field / Harry Levin -- As they did in the golden world : romantic rapture and semantic rupture in As you like it / Keir Elam -- Noble deeds and secret singularity : Hamlet and Phèdre / Paul Morrison -- Narrative and theatre : from Manuel Puig to Lope de Vega / Richard A. Young.
- 0815323557 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-266) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1550193