Paradigms of Indian architecture : space and time in representation and design / edited by G.H.R. Tillotson
- Richmond, Surrey : Curzon, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 199 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tillotson, G. H. R. (Giles Henry Rupert), 1960-
- Collected papers on South Asia ; no. 13
- Representation:Thomas R. Metcalf.Painting and understanding Mughal architecture /G.H.R. Tillotson.India's visual narratives : the dominance of space over time /Vidya Dehejia --Design:Form, transformation and meaning in Indian temple architecture /Adam Hardy.Gods, patrons and images : stone sculpture at Vijayanagara /Anna L. Dallapiccola.Spatial organisation and aesthetic expression in the traditional architecture of Rajasthan /Kulbhushan Jain.Tale of two cities : house and town in India today /Sunand Prasad.
- 0700706283 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 1556051