Turbomachinery Application of Lagrangian Dynamics to the Motion of Continuous Discrete Rotors
- January 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The stability/instability condition of a turbine rotor with axisymmetric supports is determined in the presence of gyroscopic loads and rub-induced destabilizing forces. A modal representation of the turbine engine is used, with one mode in each of the vertical and horizontal planes. The use of non-spinning rotor modes permits an explicit treatment of gyroscopic effects. The two linearized modal equations of motion of a rotor with axisymmetric supports are reduced to a single equation in a complex variable. The resulting eigenvalues yield explicit expressions at the stability boundary, for the whirl frequency as well as the required damping in the presence of the available rub-induced destabilization. Conversely, the allowable destabilization in the presence of the available damping is also given.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20050162055.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15633635