- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The use of pultruded carbon-epoxy rods for the reinforcement of composite laminates in some structures results in an efficient structural concept. The results of an analytical and experimental investigation of repair concepts of completely severed carbon-epoxy rods is presented. Three repair concepts are considered: (a) bonded repair with outside moldline and inside moldline doublers; (b) bonded repair with fasteners, and (c) bonded repair with outside moldline doubler only. The stiffness of the repairs was matched with the stiffness of the baseline specimen. The failure strains for the bonded repair with fasteners and the bonded repair with an outside moldline doubler exceeded a target design strain set for the repair concepts.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20040086778.
AIAA Paper 2000-1596.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15635199