- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- This paper proposes two simple models to predict vortex transport and decay. The models are determined empirically from results of three-dimensional large eddy simulations, and are applicable to wake vortices out of ground effect and not subjected to environmental winds. The results, from the large eddy simulations assume a range of ambient turbulence and stratification levels. The models and the results from the large eddy simulations support the hypothesis that the decay of the vortex hazard is decoupled from its change in descent rate.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20030007847.
AIAA Paper 2002-0945.
40th Aeropsace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit; 14-17 Jan. 2002; Reno, NV; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 15637342