Optical Sensors based on single arm thin film Waveguide Interferometer
- Sarkisov, Sergey S.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The second achievement meets the second objective for the second year. We choose adjustable prism couplers for connecting the sensor to optical fiber lines in our design of a breadboard prototype of the sensor. These couplers have good coupling efficiency at relatively low cost comparing to any other alternatives such as grating couplers. The third accomplishment meets the third objective for the second year. We performed testing the breadboard prototype of the sensor using heating as a technique of changing its refractive index. The only difference is that we ruled out the channel waveguides as irrelevant to the final goals of the project. The feasibility of the sensor can be shown for the slab waveguide configuration without usage of relatively expensive technologies of channel waveguide delineation.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19990013870.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15643587