Parasite-Drag Measurements of Five Helicopter Rotor Hubs
- Churchill, Gary B.
- Feb. 1959.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Harrington, Robert D.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An investigation has been conducted in the Langley full-scale tunnel to determine the parasite drag of five production-type helicopter rotor hubs. Some simple fairing arrangements were attempted in an effort to reduce the hub drag. The results indicate that, within the range of the tests, changes in angle of attack, hub rotational speed, and forward speed generally had only a small effect on the equivalent flat-plate area representing parasite drag. The drag coefficients of the basic hubs, based on projected hub frontal area, increased with hub area and varied from 0.5 to 0.76 for the hubs tested.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19980228291.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15644363