Accurate Measurements of the Local Deuterium Abundance from HST Spectra
- Linsky, Jeffrey L.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- An accurate measurement of the primordial value of D/H would provide a critical test of nucleosynthesis models for the early universe and the baryon density. I briefly summarize the ongoing HST observations of the interstellar H and D Lyman-alpha absorption for lines of sight to nearby stars and comment on recent reports of extragalactic D/H measurements.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19970027520.
Accession ID: 97N26454.
Examining the Big Bang and Diffuse Background Radiations; 529-532.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15647394