Modular Manufacturing Simulator Users Manual
- Jan. 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Since the agency was established in 1958, a key part of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's mission has been to make technologies available to American industry so it can be more widely used by the citizens who paid for it. While many people might think that 'rocket science' has no application to earthly problems, rocket science in fact employs earthly materials, processes, and designs adapted for space, and which can be adapted for other purposes on Earth. Marshall Space Flight Center's Technology Transfer Office has outreach programs designed to connect American business, industries, educational institutions, and individuals who have needs, with NASA people and laboratories who may have the solutions. MSFC's national goal is to enhance America's competitiveness in the world marketplace and ensure that the technological breakthroughs by American laboratories benefit taxpayers and the many industries making up our Nation's industrial base. Activities may range from simple exchanges of technical data to Space Act Agreements which lead to NASA and industry working closely together to solve a problem. The goal is to ensure that America gains and maintains its proper place of leadership among the world's technologically developed nations. Some of the many technologies transferred from NASA to commercial customers include those associated with: Welding and fabrication; Medical and pharmaceutical uses; Fuels and coatings; Structural composites and Robotics. These activities are aimed to achieve the same goal: slowing, halting, and gradually reversing the erosion of American technological leadership. Legislation such as the National Technology Initiative starts at the top and works down through the national corporate structure, while MSFC's activities start at the grassroots level and work up through the small and medium-sized business which form the bulk of our industrial community.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19970018050.
Accession ID: 97N20131.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15648258