Pilot Evaluations of Runway Status Light System
- Wills, Robert W.
- Oct. 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, R. Marshall and Young, Steven D.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This study focuses on use of the Transport Systems Research Vehicle (TSRV) Simulator at the Langley Research Center to obtain pilot opinion and input on the Federal Aviation Administration's Runway Status Light System (RWSL) prior to installation in an operational airport environment. The RWSL has been designed to reduce the likelihood of runway incursions by visually alerting pilots when a runway is occupied. Demonstrations of the RWSL in the TSRV Simulator allowed pilots to evaluate the system in a realistic cockpit environment.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19970001468.
Accession ID: 97N11280.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15649375