- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Extensive slosh testing with liquid and slush hydrogen was conducted in a 62 cubic foot spherical tank to characterize the thermodynamic response of the system under normal gravity conditions. Slosh frequency and amplitude, pressurant type, ramp pressure, and ullage volume were parametrically varied to assess the effect of each of these parameters on the tank pressure and fluid/wall temperatures. A total of 91 liquid hydrogen and 62 slush hydrogen slosh tests were completed. Both closed tank tests and expulsions during sloshing were performed. This report presents and discusses highlights of the liquid hydrogen closed tank results in detail and introduces some general trends for the slush hydrogen tests. Summary comparisons between liquid and slush hydrogen slosh results are also presented.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19940030744.
Accession ID: 94N35250.
AIAA PAPER 94-3259.
Joint Propulsion Conference; 27-29 Jun. 1994; Indianapolis, IN; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15658105