Iowa satellite project ISAT-1.
- Jul 25, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Satellite systems to date have been mainly scientific in nature. Only a few systems have been of direct use to the public such as for telephone or television transmission. Space enterprises have remained a mystery to the general public and beyond the reach of the small business community. The result is a less than supportive public when it comes to space activities. The purpose of the ISAT-1 program is to develop a small and relatively inexpensive satellite that will serve the State of Iowa, primarily for educational purposes. It will provide products, services, and activities that will be educational, practical, and useful for a large number for people. The emphasis is on public awareness, 'space literacy', and routine practical applications rather than high technology. The initial conceptual design phase was complete when the current team took over the project. Some areas of the conceptual design were taken a little farther, but for the most part this team started at the detailed design stage.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19940020365.
Accession ID: 94N24838.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 15660177